Musk Takes Over Twitter
In a twist of events in the 2022 calendar, Elon Musk bought the social media platform Twitter. Previously Musk has stated his thoughts on free speech and how speech or other individuals should not be limited on the platform. Musk bought out Twitter for 44 billion dollars, which Twitter users point out could have been used for more useful purposes. Musk's acquisition of Twitter is definitely interesting. I think he has his hands in too many companies and industries at once. Musk is one of the richest people in the world, but that does not mean he should control everything. Musk has billions of dollars, and instead of helping the people of the world or the environment he uses his money to buy a social media company. I am not saying what Musk should do with his money, but his actions shows where his heart lies. I think Musk's takeover of Twitter represents the power of money, and how money rules the world. I am interested to see how Musk handles Trump's ban, and if he decides to lift the ban or allow it to stay in place. Musk has made comments about how free speech is essential to a functioning democracy, however there are several other concepts and ideas that are also essential to a functioning democracy that Musk ignores. Musk has gone after previous employees for trying to form workers unions, and judges have ruled in favor of Musk. I think Elon Musk's takeover of twitter is a money play more than anything else. Musk is not significantly involved with politics so I don't expect his acquisition of Twitter to bring about any new freedoms for it's millions of users.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/26/tech/importance-of-musk-buying-twitter/index.html

Comments
Post a Comment